Position: Technician – EcoPilot Canada | USA
Based: Greater Toronto Area
When we started EcoPilot Canada, we knew we wanted our work environment to be different – like our product. To support our staff and exceed expectations – like our product. To provide a balanced and healthy environment – like our product. We want our people to stand out – like our product.
We are Ecopilot®.
EcoPilot Canada | USA is growing like crazy and looking to add a qualified BMS / HVAC technician to our super cool, super quirky company. But we’re not your everyday HVAC business. We’re Ecopilot®.
Ecopilot® is Artificial Intelligence for real-time HVAC energy savings. Our solution integrates with existing building management systems to drastically reduce energy consumption. It’s awesome, our clients are awesome, and we’re looking for awesomeness.
When you join our carbon crusading team, you’ll join a group of energetic, passionate staff (and clients!) so you’ll want to be sure you have the enthusiasm to keep up with us! Work at the office, work at home, just work hard so you can play hard. And for us, that means unlimited vacation benefit. UNLIMITED VACATION!! Got a medical appointment? No problem! You manage your time and workload and btw, full medical benefits are included.
To join this team, you’ll need experience in HVAC and automation controls, but we’ll train you as a certified Ecopilot® technician. You’ll even get a certificate.
On completion of your Ecopilot® training you will:
- Analyze building checklist data for completion and accuracy.
- Assist with on-site building assessment related to potential installation issues.
- Communicate with BMS/BAS/Building staff to meet and complete project requirements.
- Participate in the hardware/software installation.
- Participate in the Test and Commissioning of Ecopilot®.
- Participate in Building Operator Training sessions.
- Contribute to and maintain project documentation related to installations.
- Deliver remote and on-site technical support for field operations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in automation controls, HVAC, or demonstrated comparable experience strongly preferred.
- HVAC/Electrical job knowledge and experience.
- Courses and/or demonstrated experience in IP Networking.
- Experience with at least one of BACnet, Modbus, LonMark, JSON protocols.
- Microsoft Office and AutoCAD software experience ideal, though not required.
- Project management experience an asset, though not required.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and be available for travel throughout North America from time to time.
- Excited about building automation and energy efficiency.
Send your resume and covering letter by email to Attn: Tobias Janes at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants in advance but only persons screened for subsequent interviews will be contacted in response.